The Chartered Financial Analyst� (Last date for registration 08 Apr 2017 - Batch 3)
The Chartered Financial Analyst� (CFA�) programme is a professional credential offered internationally by US based CFA Institute (formerly known as the Association for Investment Management and Research, or AIMR). The CFA� charter is a qualification for finance and investment professionals, particularly in the fields of investment management and financial analysis of stocks, bonds and their derivative assets. The programme focuses on portfolio management, financial analysis and provides generalist knowledge of finance.
“Among the countless finance degrees around the world, the Chartered Financial Analyst� qualification has become the gold standard.”
Chartered Financial Analyst� (CFA�) Programme is ideal for:
- The Chartered Financial Analyst� (CFA�) credential has become the most respected and recognised investment designation in the world.
- The CFA� Programme curriculum covers concepts and skills you will use at all stages of your career, bridging academic theories, current industry practices and ethical and professional standards to provide a strong foundation of advanced investment analysis and real-world portfolio management skills.
- Earning the CFA� Programme charter places you in the company of an elite group of more than 90,000 respected investment professionals. Access to their collective expertise, networks and resources is an invaluable asset.
- Regulatory bodies in 19 countries recognise the CFA� charter as a proxy for meeting certain licensing requirements.
- More than 125 distinguished colleges and universities around the world have incorporated a majority of the CFA� programme curriculum into their own courses, including the University of Oxford’s Said Business School; New York University; INSEAD; Peking University and Nanyang Technological University.
- Individuals working in the Financial Services sector
- Investment professionals who want to take their skills and marketability to the next level
- Individuals who want to change their career path and are interested in entering the world of investments
- Individuals working in investment / stock research firms
- Individuals working in corporate finance roles, business analysis and investment banking roles
- Students keen on starting their career in Investment and Finance
- CA’s / CS’s / ICWA’s / CFP’s and others having similar professional qualifications
- IT professionals working in BFSI domain
Employment Prospects: The CFA� programme equips you with the practical and fundamental knowledge you need for a wide variety of career choices in the investment profession. CFA� charterholders find that earning the CFA� charter provides them with a passport for working within numerous investment specialties and markets across the globe. It also equips them to change specialties as their careers evolve.
Types of profiles that CFA� Charterholders get:
Who employs CFA� Charterholders?
Eligibility Requirements for CFA� Exam:
Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent / in final year of Bachelor’s Degree Programme
Level 1 Exam (June or December)
Level 2 Exam (June)
Level 3 Exam (June)
4 Years of relevant work experience (Accumulated before, during or after exam)
Earn CFA� Charter
CFA� Programme Curriculum and Exam Format:
The Level I study programme emphasises on tools and includes an introduction to asset valuation, financial reporting,financial analysis and portfolio management techniques.
Programme Curriculum and their Weightage: Ethical and Professional Standards - 15%, Quantitative Methods - 12%, Economics - 10%, Financial Reporting and Analysis - 20%, Corporate Finance - 7%, Equity Investments - 10%, Portfolio Management and Wealth Planning - 7%, Fixed Income - 10%, Derivatives - 5%, Alternative Investments - 4%.
Exam Format: 240 total multiple choice questions (120 in the morning session and 120 in the afternoon session). Each multiple choice question is free-standing (not dependent on other questions) and has three possible answers: A, B, and C. All questions are equally weighted and there is no penalty for guessing.
Level I can be taken in June and December.
ICICIdirect Centre for Financial Learning Advantage: ICFL provides an integrated approach to Level I CFA� Charter exam with a complete preparation package.
- 120 hours of training through Virtual Class: Well-structured and comprehensive virtual classroom training to help student's build the skills required to clear Level I CFA charter exam
- Recorded sessions for pre class and post class revisions Recording include calculator usage and mock test with explanatory answers
- Study material: Exhaustive printouts of the classroom presentation
- Online mock tests: Two online mock tests (300 Questions) of 3hrs each with the answer key as well the explanatory answers for the tests
- Classroom mock tests: Two full length offline mock tests (200 Questions) that could be scheduled just before the Level I CFA exam to give the student an exact feel of the exam
- Unit-wise mock tests: An online repository of 10 unit-wise mock tests (1100 Questions) for additional practice. Each mock test consists of more than 100 questions.
- Formula charts
Duration: 4 to 6 months (Sat & Sun only)
Pricing: INR 22,000/- Service Taxes
Batch Start date: Apr 15, 2017
Fees Payment mode: Cheque in favor of “ICICI Securities Limited” ICICIdirect Centre for Financial Learning Authorised Learning Centre Plot No. 2, Kapil Vihar, Pitampura, Delhi -110034 Mob. No.#97179 35182, Tel: 011 2735 5339